Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Installing Ruby and Rails. First try..

I decided to use RubyInstaller.org. There is nothing especial in my choice than just a quick choice. After following the defaults in the installer and click in all the checkboxes in the following picture:
After that I installed also the development kit with all default options. Run the following commands
ruby dk.rb init
ruby dk.rb review
ruby dk. rb install
gem install rails --include-dependencies --no-rdoc --no-ri

Later I tried the command to create a new rails app in a new folder: rails new my_app.
However it fails because apparently I did not have some packages. So I did the following commands:

gem install rake -v '0.9.2.2'
gem install coffee-script-source -v '1.3.3'
gem install execjs - v '1.4.0'
gem install coffe-script -v '2.2.0'
gem install json -v '1.7.4'
gem install rdoc -v '3.12'
gem install coffee-rails -v '3.2.2'
gem install jquery-rails -v '2.0.2'
gem install sass -v '3.1.20'
gem install sqlite3 -v '1.3.6'
gem install uglifier -v '1.2.7'

Then I tried again the command to create the app: rails new my_app.

This time it works.

I will post what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment